Sunday, June 12, 2011

Countdown to Fathers Day


With Fathers Day coming up I have been talking to the boys about the day and why we stop and celebrate all the wonderful fathers. I asked Kase why he loved his dad, of course he replied, "because I love him." So I had to pry a little more to get his top 5 reasons of why he loves his daddy. Of course these are Knox's top reasons as well he just isn't able to tell me so you are going to have to take my word for it. Plus he is Kase's shadow so if Kase says it Knox agrees.


Kase and Knox's Reasons they love their Dad:

#1 Kase: He gives me big hugs





#2 Kase: He gives me kisses





#3 Kase: He wrestles with me and not Knox (you can tell he doesn't always like to share daddy time with his little brother)






#4 Kase: He works . Me: What does he do when he works? Kase: He drills wells





(When Scotty comes home from work Kase always tells him how dirty he is.)







#5 Kase: He takes me golfing and I hit it way far and it goes way high!





My boys are so much like their Dad and I love that they are. He is such a wonderful father to them. So I wanted to do something special for him this week leading up to Father's Day. Of course I am going to dig in his gift jar and the boys and I will purchase a gift that he wants. But I wanted to do more than that. One thing that Kase has inherited from his father is being really neat and organized. I don't know many kids that will pass up candy or treats because they make their hands sticky. Knox on the other hand inherited messiness from me and loves sticky hands.






Since the accident we have had lots of family and friends in our house taking care of us ( I could never repay them for all they have done.) However they didn't know where to find things they needed or where everything belonged. I think this has started stressing Scotty out.






As I was checking out the other day I saw a magazine on organization. I snatched it up and decided to put it to the test. I organized the pantry,







fridge, freezer,







drawers and cabinets to surprise Scotty.










He was so happy to see how I labeled things so he can now find things. Happy Father's Day to a wonderful Father!





















No comments:

Post a Comment