Thursday, August 22, 2013

"little ways"


It seems after finally finding a groove in life and  daily routines, changes hit and we start all over. Every year finding a new routine and new normal. 


Our new normal this year, consists of Knox finding his way at 3 year old preschool. I say finding his way because Knox always has his own "little way". This "little way" consisted of proclaiming over and over that he was not going to preschool. 


After a bowl of tears and shouts of "somebody get me out of this car!" There was no consoling this child, not knowing what to do I started praying as loud as he was  crying.  If he could make his proclamation, then so could I! 
I agreed to his terms,  if he found a monster cave at preschool then he was out of there!
After that little negotiation he hopped out of the car smiling and waved a good-bye with no tear in sight? 

When we had prepped Kase for preschool we celebrated at dinner.  Unfortunately Knox has fallen into the 2nd kid syndrome. Craziness at our home left no time for a pre-celebration. Feeling the guilt I decided to celebrate the end of his first week!  In true Kelly fashion my boys chose robes for their dinner attire. 



Ashley shared the idea of edible chalkboards which were easy & a hit. 
Edible Chalkboard: back of a hershey bar, let the kids write with toothpicks, brush powdered sugar in the grooves



So we made it. Another change, another milestone, another new routine. A little late on celebrating but better late then never. Even though I don't always understand Knox's "little ways" or how to handle them, I am thankful for his loving spirit and what God has in store for him. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment