Friday, May 11, 2012

fruit filled fun

A picturesque garden is something that my Grandaddy Joe can pride himself on. One glance at his garden makes me want to cook healthier, can, and freeze anything I can get my hands on.

 His garden feeds several families and I for one love taking advantage of it.
Strawberries have been the treat around my house lately and we have loved it
. I had the best little strawberry washer and topper around. Our assembly line sped up our jam making process.


We also enjoyed our individual strawberry shortcakes on our picnic.
As well as fresh strawberry and banana milkshakes on our movie night, and homemade strawberry ice cream with Scotty's family. 

We didn't stop at strawberries this year. We branched out to cherries as well.


 Who knew picking cherries was one of the stickiest jobs around. Picking and pitting cherries is a lot more time consuming so we stopped at just enough to make a few fresh deserts.






We seemed to have been in a fruit mood @ our house that spilt over into some treats for Kase's teachers (thanks pinterest.)

By the way our flowers are still living! I know it hasn't been that long since we planted them but I can kill things pretty quickly. Of course Target dollar spot has helped us make them a little more fun to water with the boys new watering cans as well as a little more decorative with cute signs and bird houses.



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a blast! I love that your kiddos were/are involved in the process! Makes it that much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to the "In It To Pin It" linky hosted by Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo and Living In France however it's only for Pinterest links. That way it will only take folks a second to repin your Etsy shop pins.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete