Thursday, February 23, 2012

a spurt of spring

I catch myself looking online & ordering spring decor, pots for the porch, swimsuits, colorful dresses, and of course putting out my Easter decor. I do this in hopes that spring will come sooner, & I am ready for more than a string of 2 days that are a spurt of Spring. So while the sun was out we took full advantage!

I am a sucker for stripes and polka dots. My boys love balls & we have an overload of them but I could not pass these up, I knew they would love them.




According to Kase we went on an adventure that day, an adventure to make mud & find sticks for Sophie. It was a very important mission & the boys took it very seriously. Following my boys on their adventures are moments that I love.


Let the adventure begin...





Aunt Suz has been wanting to take the boys to her brothers to visit his baby sheep. So on the first sunny warm day we headed over. I have to admit I am not an animal lover, they are cute from a distance but for some reason they terrify me. I do not want my boys to be this way so I try to stay calm but no matter how much I tell myself not to freak out, run and panic, my heart starts racing and I just can't stay calm. So when the sheep decided to head my way I began to panic. Kase reminded me in the sweetest voice that they will not hurt me & they are just babies. It was very embarrassing and unfortunately did not stop me from running away from them. While my 4 & (almost) 2 year old fed and played with them I watched from a distance.




The treasure of the day was a little birds nest that Kase found. I explained that the bird used gross dog hair, animal hair and other dirty things to make that nest. He was not phased in the least @ my explanation of the contents of the nest and was determined to take his find home. We negotiated on letting it ride on the car mat. Once @ home I turned around and saw this little treasure sitting on my kitchen table. So of course we had to negotiate again and we decided on keeping it in a Ziploc bag to show his dad and to scrub our hands really well.

We are ready for more adventures, more finds and many more days outside on these spurty spring days to come.


Inspired by Family Magazine

1 comment: